220 Glade View Drive, Roanoke, VA 24012
(540) 345-9892 – Main Office
(540) 342-7694 – Fax
Sales@vatransformer.com – U.S. Sales
(800) 882-3944 – Service Contacts
VIRGINIA – GEORGIA TRANSFORMER CORPORATION
Summary: This position is responsible for the verification of in-process quality and engineering standards conformance through the inspection and testing of incoming material, in-process products and procedures. Position works in coordination with Testing to ensure that all aspects of the process are tested, verified and documented as instructed by the written procedures.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly checks of specific process steps and other items or procedures.
- Inspect selected incoming commodity materials each month.
- Collect winding data, engineering and shop defect data and report monthly.
- Chart and plot data as directed to perform trend analysis.
- Verify compliance of transformer against engineering design information prior to approving for shipment.
- Audit shop processes as directed.
- Assist test floor as needed to support customer requirements and schedules.
- Assist Design and Development Departments in collecting data from the shop.
- Perform testing as required to confirm unit meets customer requirements.
- Verify wiring is in compliance with wiring diagrams and that all equipment works as required.
- Perform low voltage tests as required to verify satisfactory completion of work or correction.
- Take oil samples from main storage tanks and transformers and carry out dielectric and moisture tests. Send samples out for special tests.
- Use specific test equipment to verify unit parameters are correct.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent education.
- 1-2 years experience in similar manufacturing environment.
- Proficient math, analytical, trouble-shooting and communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills to interface with others as required to adequately describe and explain findings that occur as part of the job.
- Knowledge of statistical quality control methods.
- Transformer manufacturing experience.
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=503617549
Note: Virginia Transformer Corp retains the right to change or modify the duties and requirements of this position at any time at the discretion of the company.