Transforming Energy for America
Why Virginia Transformer
Every company says that its people are its most prized asset. At Virginia Transformer we mean it.
Since 1971, we have lived up to our Mission: to build the most reliable power transformer, designed and manufactured by engineers and technicians; using time-tested processes and train and develop our employees to provide a premium product ensuring defect-free performance on time to every customer.The Virginia Transformer team, spanning across the most modern facilities in North America, takes great pride in the work we do which is two-fold:
- We ensure our country has a resilient and reliable electric grid (without electricity the lives of our families and neighbors fall apart quickly); and
- We enable U.S. manufacturing (to make any product or operate any facility, you must have a reliable power transformer).
This explains why we have grown from 35 employees to thousands today. And we foresee continued growth for years to come.
Our Team Drives Our Success
Our goal is to create a culture of customer commitment and continuous improvement by maintaining a safe, efficient, and satisfying workplace for our employees.We maintain this commitment through:
- Opportunities for professional development and personal growth.
- Quality technical training programs on how to design and build transformers.
- Empowering our team to be free thinkers; using innovation and creativity when sharing ideas and solutions.
- Unlimited opportunities for employees with drive, motivation, and talent.
- Fostering a diverse team across all locations with unique personalities, abilities, and interests.
- Creating a community of supportive, intelligent, and exceptionally driven professionals who are always willing to help drive growth and share knowledge.
- A financially stable and reliable privately held company that remains strong throughout its continued growth.
Compensation and Benefits
The company offers its employees competitive compensation, as well as a complete package of first-rate employee benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Reward and Recognition Programs
- Professional Development Assistance and Management Certification
- On the Job Training
- Promoting from Within – Career Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Qualifying Employees Seeking Master’s Degrees
- Company Sponsored Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- And so much more…
A Veteran-Friendly Employer
Virginia Transformer is a V3 Certified Company, awarded to companies who maintain their commitment to recruiting, hiring, training, and retaining Veterans and serving members of the National Guard and Reserve. To learn more about what it’s like to work for Virginia Transformer as a Veteran, read our featured articles in The Roanoker, Effingham Magazine, and the Idaho State Journal.