VIRGINIA – GEORGIA TRANSFORMER CORPORATION
Metal Fabrication Welder
Virginia Transformer Corp-VTCU in Pocatello, Idaho is seeking full-time experienced welders to work in our fabrication shop.
Welders weld/assemble enclosures, tanks, and other structural components for Power Transformers, Switch Gears, Reactors, and other related equipment. Fabrication is based on mechanical blueprint specifications and built to established internal shop standards and/or per the Metal Fabrication Supervisor’s instructions.
Job titles: Metal Fabrication Welder
- Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or workpieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Lift or move materials and finished products, using large cranes and forklift.
- Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Steel MIG, Stick, Flux Core or Oxy/Acetylene torch
- ANSI Certification
- Ability to read and interpret drawings / diagrams and specifications
- Ability to lift 60 lbs repetitively
- Ability to operate forklift
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, evening / off shifts, weekends, and holidays
Desired Characteristics and abilities
- Craftsmanship – The pride one puts into each and every product they produce.
- Maintain Focus – The ability to handle repetition and function under pressure or stress.
- Hand – Eye Coordination — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Near Vision — The ability to see clearly up close.
- Multi-positional Welding – The ability to weld horizontally, vertically and, at times, upside down.
Tools & Technology
- Drill press or radial drill — Magnetic drill presses; Radial drills
- Hydraulic press brake — Computerized numerical control CNC press brakes; Straightening presses
- Punches or nail sets or drifts — Center punches; Drift pins; Punches
- Shears — Beverly shears; Hand shears; Unishears
- Welding Equipment — MIG, Stick, plasma arc welding and flux-cored
- Overhead crane and forklift
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=503617553