220 Glade View Drive, Roanoke, VA 24012
(540) 345-9892 – Main Office
(540) 342-7694 – Fax
Sales@vatransformer.com – U.S. Sales
(800) 882-3944 – Service Contacts
A Materials Handler performs distribution of product by pulling job kits from inventory; delivering materials and supplies; staging product for other departments or plant locations. This will be done by utilizing available tools (i.e. cranes, forklift, dollies, and hand trucks). The Materials Handler gathers, packages, and crates products in preparation for shipping, unloading / loading of materials. The Handler maintains a safe, neat and orderly work area.
Material Handler Job Duties:
- Maintain inventories of materials by identifying, labeling, and placing materials/supplies in stock; recording location of inventory/supplies necessary to meet production demands and maintain inventory of stock.
- Maintain weekly inventory of stock (min/max) items and review with supervisor or lead.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Deliver or route materials for storage or by job BOM using necessary equipment such as forklift, motorized pallet jack, hand truck, sorting bins and company vehicles. Including moving material from Troutville to Roanoke and vise-a-versa.
- Load or unload materials onto or from delivery vehicles.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Record all data, such as weight, charges, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Perform and report daily the checklist and mileage sheets for Forklift, motorized pallet jack, cranes and company vehicles used in the materials department.
- Transferring of materials in computer system
- File and maintain assigned recordkeeping, as needed.
- Conduct or assist with cycle counts of identified materials.
- Adhere to companies Quality procedures & Work Instructions
- Other duties as assigned by area supervisor.
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License
- mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills
- Experience operating forklift, crane, air and hand tools.
- Minimum (1) year experience in manufacturing experience in shipping and or receiving
- Willingly accepts job challenges and work under stress or pressure
- Self-starter – able to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events). Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
Tools & Technology
- Basic Computer Skills
- Forklift, motorized pallet jack, crane
- Company Vehicles
- Tape measure
- Air & Hand tools
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=486841101