Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Reports To: Manufacturing Supv
Amount of Travel Required: 10-30% Positions Supervised: None
Location: Roanoke, VA
Responsible for providing technical support and assistance to shop personnel. Provides both technical and hands on support within the manufacturing areas. Resolves technical problems, works to implement continuous improvement projects, while reducing costs and cycle time.
- Work with the engineering department and supervisory staff to resolve production issues and suggest improvements.
- Interacts with engineering, follows project jobs, processes audits, and quality checkpoints through the manufacturing process.
- Serve as technical expert in manufacturing matters.
- Train less skilled and new operators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
High School diploma or equivalent and good technical/mechanical aptitude/abilities.
Two to five years of heavy manufacturing experience. Working knowledge of transformers a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climbing O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
80-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Plant environment where one may be exposed to loud noise, temperature extremes, dust, welding and paint fumes.
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=486841094