VIRGINIA – GEORGIA TRANSFORMER CORPORATION
Summary: This position is responsible for full facility maintenance and repair, as well as that of all manufacturing equipment, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor They should have a very good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and associated safety.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and repair a variety of equipment, including but not limited to:
- Welders (includes SMAW, tig & mig)
- Perform preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment & documentation.
- Perform all maintenance and repair of the office and manufacturing facilities.
- Fabricate prototype equipment and the revamping/updating of existing equipment as assigned.
- Participate in the Lockout – Tagout Program.
- Participate in the Work Order system for completing assigned work.
- Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the April 1991 Employee Handbook.
- Be on call during non-duty hours to handle emergency situations in the plant.
- Maintain neat and orderly work area.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 2 years experience performing maintenance and repair in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to diagnose and repair malfunctioning equipment without direct supervision.
- Demonstration through medical examination of physical suitability for a respirator.
- Ability to work to heights of up to 40 feet above floor level with use of ladders and work platforms.
- Ability to provide hand tools per requirement list provided.
- Proficient written/oral communications skills (e.g. English language & legible handwriting)
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=503617548