220 Glade View Drive, Roanoke, VA 24012
(540) 345-9892 – Main Office
(540) 342-7694 – Fax
Sales@vatransformer.com – U.S. Sales
(800) 882-3944 – Service Contacts
High Voltage Winder Operator
A High Voltage Winder performs complicated operations involving winding, dismantling, rewinding, repairing, reassembling, testing, etc., on large or more complicated power transformers and other electro-mechanical equipment. May band and install core insulation.
Job titles: High Voltage Winder Operator
- Operate or tend wire-coiling machines to wind wire coils used in power transformers.
- Review work orders and specifications to determine materials needed and types of parts to be processed.
- Cut, strip, and bend wire leads at ends of coils, using pliers and wire scrapers.
- Select and load materials such as workpieces, objects, and machine parts onto equipment used in coiling processes.
- Attach, alter, and trim materials such as wire, insulation, and coils, using hand tools.
- Stop machines to remove completed components, using hand tools.
- Disassemble and assemble motors, and repair and maintain electrical components and machinery parts, using hand tools.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Prefer 3 years of experience in winding transformer coils
- Ability to read and interpret drawings / diagrams and specifications – (electrical, mechanical, and connection)
- Ability to use measuring devices or tools (i.e. micrometer, ruler, measuring tape, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, evening / off shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Willingly accepts job challenges and work under stress or pressure
- Strong mechanical skills
- Self-starter – able to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Strong knowledge of operations such as inspection, testing, repair, investigation, and reporting on various types of transformers including both liquid filled and dry transformers
- Familiar with good brazing and connection procedures including but not limited to end-to-end brazing, lap brazing, bundle brazing, crimping, tig welding, and applying insulation
- Craftsmanship – The pride one puts into each and every product they produce.
- Maintain Focus – The ability to handle repetition and function under pressure or stress.
- Hand – Eye Coordination — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Near Vision — The ability to read gauges and counter devices at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Stamina – Stand for long periods
Tools & Technology
- Calibrated resistance measuring equipment — Insulation resistance testers; Wheatstone bridges
- Electrical coil winding machine — Coil spreading machines; Coil taping machines; Element winding machines
- Mallets — Rawhide hammers; Rubber mallets
- Stripping tools — Wire strippers
- Voltage or current meters — Digital voltage meters; Test lamps
- Wire cutters — Wire cutting tools; Wire snips
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=486841099