VIRGINIA – GEORGIA TRANSFORMER CORPORATION
Summary: This position is responsible for the complete assembly of power transformers, per print specifications and instructions from the supervisor.
Accountability: Reports to Assembly Supervisor.
Job Location: Pocatello, Idaho
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
(All procedures per print specifications and VTC quality standards)
- All Core Stacking (predip/prebake) operations:
Obtain required material as needed
prep material as needed
review all mechanical/electrical prints
check parts to prints
stack core steel, in proper alignment, to specs
bracket/band all core elements
standup & positioning of core
assemble core/coil winding configuration to specs
complete all pre-dip/pre-bake assembly per specs
load brackets, varnish dip, drain, load oven
Final Assembly (Dry Type)
retrieve assembly from oven.
clean core frame of excess varnish/prep for tanking
clean/tighten all connections.
obtain painted enclosure or tank
secure core to base assembly/make internal connections
complete final wiring/assembly to specs
complete unit-to-enclosure assembly, check and test
sand paint to final paint/ weld top/prep for paint
complete final assembly and prep for shipping
coach new employees as assigned
- Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the April 1991 Employee Handbook.
- Maintain neat and organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in heavy manufacturing or construction environment.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to measure 1/32” tolerance.
- Good attendance record, self-initiative.
- Proven mechanical aptitude and interest.
- Prior transformer mfg. Experience.
- Able to read prints.
- Prior welding experience.
- Forklift experience.
Wages vary from $15.00-$16.00 per hour DOE
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=503617555