Virginia Transformer Management
CEO, Virginia Transformer Corp. Since 1982
- BS Mechanical Engineering – India 1965
- MS Material Science – Villanova, PA 1970
- MBA – Lynchburg, VA 1981
- 1965 – 1968 : Hindustan Motors, India – Machine shop foreman in auto manufacturing plant
- 1968 – 1970 : Villanova, Graduate Assistant – Material Lab – Part-time work as tool and die marker and electronic assembly
- 1970 – 1977 : Robinson Helpern, Plymouth Meeting, PA – Started as Product Engineer and then Division Manager of the transducer manufacturing company – received a patent for High Temp Accelerometer
- 1977 – 1982 : General Electric Co., started as Senior Design Engineer and later Design Manager of the variable speed drive system manufacturer
Mr. Jain became CEO/CTO of Virginia Transformer in 1982. The company has experienced significant growth since that time. From its initial 35 employees, it has grown to thousands of employees across 6 state-of-the-art locations.
Today, Virginia Transformer is the largest U.S.-owned manufacturer of electrical transformers in North America.
Mr. Jain has served on the Virginia District Exports Council since 1988 and was chairman for two years. He also served with the United Way board, the Roanoke Chamber of Commerce, Virginia Manufacturer’s Association, the Jefferson Center, and other professional organizations. He has been a generous supporter of local charities and has recently set up a scholarship for area high-school graduates.