CEO, Virginia Transformer Corp Since 1982
- BS Mechanical Engineering – India 1965
- MS Material Science – Villanova, PA 1970
- MBA – Lynchburg, VA 1981
- 1965 – 1968 : Hindustan Motors, India – Machine shop foreman in auto manufacturing plant
- 1968 – 1970 : Graduate Assistant – material Lab – Villanova part time work as tool and die marker and electronic assembly
- 1970 – 1977 : Robinson Helpern, Plymouth Meeting, PA – Started as Product Engineer and then Division Manager of the transducer manufacturing company – received a patent for High temp Accelerometer
- 1977 – 1982 : General Electric Co., started as Senior Design Engineer and later Design Manager of the variable speed drive system manufacturer
Served on the Virginia District Exports Council since 1988 and was chairman for 2 years. Served on the United Way Board, Roanoke Chamber of Commerce, Virginia Manufacturer’s Association, the Jefferson Center and other professional organizations. He’s been a generous supporter of local charities and has recently set up a scholarship for area high school graduates.
With thirty years of extensive experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Sales, and General / Executive Management, Rustin has demonstrated leadership to supply the Building / Construction Products, Automotive Components, and Appliance Components Industries. As a goal-oriented executive with a high level of urgency and a proven track record of meeting stakeholder expectations, Rustin will provide direct Executive Leadership responsibility/experience with all business functions in VTC-GTC, including Operations, Production, Supply Chain, Product Engineering, Distribution, Sales, Financial, and Human Resource associated with multi-site Manufacturing Businesses.
Being a great asset to our company, Rustin’s leadership objective is to develop a Corporate Value that strives to be the “Preferred Supplier” in the market with a focus on customer service, business growth & development, product/service quality, and cost control while maintaining a healthy and productive employee work environment.
Vice President of Engineering and Materials
Rakesh Rathi joined Virginia Transformer Corporation in 2007. Prior to becoming Vice President of Engineering and Materials at VTC, Rakesh served in the roles of Engineering Manager, Plant Manager and Director of Materials.
He holds a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from IIT, Roorkee, India. Rakesh has 25 years of experience in the transformer and copper industry serving in engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, materials and quality improvement management positions across the United States, Thailand and India.
Vice President of Operations (GTC)
Neeraj Baxi joined Virginia Transformer Corporation in 2015.
He holds a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and Electronics from BITS, India. Prior to joining VTC, Neeraj spent thirty five (35) years with Crompton Greaves/CG Power, Inc. in India, Canada and the United States. While at CG, Neeraj served in numerous management roles of increasing responsibility, being promoted up to the position of Executive Vice President.