Staring with order reviews, all engineering phases, supplier quality programs, inspections in all manufacturing steps: incoming material, in-process, finished product, shipping and all the way to customer handshake after field installation, Quality and customer satisfaction are our focus.
Our quality assurance programs ensure the product quality and reliability in all phases of engineering and manufacturing.
“VA Way” FIVE STAR QUALITY SYSTEM
- Knowledgeable and dedicated leadership with “Quality first Mindset”
- Critical to Quality (CTQs) control plans, design standards and the shop operating procedures developed over 45 years of existence
- Training, audit and skill certification program which assures the product reliability and craftsmanship
- Experienced Technical leaders embedded in all areas of manufacturing
- Final assurance program which strives to achieve customer satisfaction at all stages of project execution from order receipt to transformer installation on the pad
Engineering Quality Assurance
- Customer order reviews and Design control plan for each order
- Design validation plan with failure mode effect analysis (FMEA) for new designs, new components and new technology
- Engineering Process audit (EPA) and inspection plan for engineering Process Assurance
Vendor Quality Assurance
- AQL quality control plan for incoming material inspection
- New component evaluation and testing plan
- New Vendor Evaluation and Vendor performance score card
- Vendor quality surveillance audits and vendor rating system
Process Assurance in Manufacturing
- Training and skill certification programs for operators.
- Statistical Process Controls (SPC)for critical processes of transformer manufacturing.
- Three tier quality control plan for process adherence to assure product quality.
Final Quality Assurance
- Transformer tests Per ANSI/CSA standards / customer specification requirements
- “Fit, form, function “verification and customer specification compliance
- Shipment tracking and delivery co-ordination with customer
- Installation, oil processing and field testing
- Customer feedback surveys to assure service quality
We stay current with the industry standards requirements and strive to improve further with a comprehensive training program across the entire organization.
Engineering Training Programs
- Deep understanding Electrical design, electrical testing based on industry standards
- Electrical Designers training of Mechanical Engineering
Operators Training Programs
- BAT (Build A Transformer) Training program
- “Hands on” Essential Skills & Special Processes Training
ISO 9001 Certification
- All facilities are certified with ISO 9001 quality certifications
- Includes liquid filled units up to10 MVA, 69 kV class
- Dry Type units 35 kV, 150 BIL