Title: Test Technician
Status: Full Time
Salary: Shape Level III
Accountability: Reports to Test Supervisor(s)
Summary: This Position performs routine as well as specialized testing on transformers and other equipment. Candidate will need to become familiar with and industry standards for testing of power transformers. Must learn to operate all test equipment and observe all safety while testing. Performance of other duties as required.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and assume personal responsibility for quality of workmanship and safety.
- Perform routine tests (ratio, phase rotation, resistance, impedance and loss measurements, Power factor, Megger, etc.)
- Perform high voltage tests on transformers & switchgear. (Impulse, Partial discharge, Hypot, Double induction, etc.)
- Troubleshoot for problems in case of failure.
- Take oil samples from main tank and transformers and carry out di-electric test. Send samples out for special tests.
- Perform pre-assembly ratio tests & troubleshoot whenever required.
- Inspect product in-process and after assembly to determine quality. Inspection shall include Engineering drawings, outlines and designs, mechanical dimensions, electrical wiring, and overall appearance of product. Write NCR’s for non-conformance items. Follow-up NCR’s through rectification or obtain approval before final stamp for shipping. Maintain records of non-conformance. Correct those items which can be handled by test technicians.
- Accept responsibility for quality control stamps and affix stamps on product after inspection. Sign off the check sheets once the unit is tested.
- Become familiar with VTC’s and industry standards for testing VTC product.
- Learn to operate and maintain all VTC test equipment. Maintain clean test area at all times.
- Observe all safety procedures while testing and require the same from others present in the test area such as customer inspections.
- Move product as required
- Preparation of test folders/reports and submission for approval.
- Assure that measured data is appropriate by verifying the appropriateness of test procedures.
- Correct measured data for temperature and other environmental/set-up variables.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas.
- Meet work performance requirements and daily goals as determined by area supervisor.
- Conformance to all work rules and regulations as required by employee handbook and union contract.
- Satisfy all SHAPE requirements.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required: 1 year relevant experience in QC, electrical trouble-shooting testing, or electrician’s helper experience in medium voltage, ability to successfully discharge Level III duties, and ability to work variable work schedules.
Preferred: 2-year engineering technology degree or equivalent. Mfg. Experience.
Requirements: Two year technical degree or equivalent education. Experience in a similar position. Proficient math, analytical, trouble shooting, and communication skills. Proficient interpersonal skills to interface with customers, vendors, and management to explain findings that occur as part of the job. Knowledge of statistical quality control methods. When evaluating candidates for this position such factors as (but not limited to) previous experience, schooling, mechanical ability, attitude, attendance, past discipline record, and the individual’s history of accepting available overtime will be considered. Must have electrical aptitude and ability to pass test.
How To Apply : Send resumes to Marvin_orange@vatransformer.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply