Georgia/Virginia Transformer Corp.
Summary: The Test Engineer tests transformers, control components and circuits to comply with GTC/VTC and industry standards and customers’ requirements; he/she inspects products before and after assembly for conformance with GTC/VTC’s internal design requirements and customers’ specifications.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform routine tests. (ratio, phase rotation, resistance, impedance and loss measurements, Power factor, Megger, etc.)
- Perform high voltage tests on transformers (Impulse, Partial discharge, Hypot, Double induction, etc.)
- Troubleshoot for problems in case of failure.
- Take oil samples from main tank and transformers and carry out di-electric test. Send samples out for special tests.
- Perform pre-assembly ratio tests & troubleshoot whenever required.
- Inspect product in-process and after assembly to determine quality. Inspection shall include Engineering drawings, outlines and designs, mechanical dimensions, electrical wiring, and overall appearance of product. Write NCR’s for non-conformance items. Follow-up NCR’s through rectification or obtain approval before final stamp for shipping. Maintain records of non-conformance. Correct those items which can be handled by test technicians.
- Accept responsibility for quality control stamps and affix stamps on product after inspection. Sign off the check sheets once the unit is tested.
- Become familiar with VTC’s and industry standards for testing VTC product.
- Learn to operate and maintain all VTC test equipment. Maintain clean test area at all times.
- Observe all safety procedures while testing and require the same from others present in the test area such as customer inspections.
- Move product as required.
- Preparation of test folders/reports and submission for approval.
- Assure that measured data is appropriate by verifying the appropriateness of test procedures.
- Correct measured data for temperature and other environmental/set-up variables.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas.
- Satisfy all performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as attendance guidelines as prescribed by the Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Accountability: Reports to Test Manager or designate.
Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience in Transformer Industries with Bachelor’s degree.
Note: Georgia/Virginia Transformer Corp. retains the right to change or modify the duties and requirements of this position at any time at the discretion of the Company.
Salary Range: _____________________
Georgia/Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast-paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Georgia/Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply