Virginia Transformer Corp
Shop Process Quality Champion
Department: Quality Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: TBD
Amount of Travel Required: 30%
The Shop Process Quality Champion position is responsible for ensuring process deployment, adherence, rigor, audit and oversight to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met in production. This position identifies process gaps, process control opportunities, troubleshoots problems with process implementation and identifies and deploys preventive and corrective action – delivering absolute process assurance. The Shop Process champion also researches effectiveness of current equipment and identifies upgrades to drive quality and productivity enhancements.
- Evaluate, implement, monitor shop processes and operating systems for the manufacture of products.
- Identify process enhancements through cycles of improvement.
- Create process assurance mechanisms, tools, routine and audit processes.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Create/edit/maintain necessary documentation.
- Equipment calibration and maintenance monitoring AND audit. Interface with shop maintenance.
- Harmonize and standardize processes across all plants.
- Assess the availability of raw materials and their safety and environmental impact of the facility.
- Support the conversion and scaling up of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Work closely with other specialists for quality control.
- Assume responsibility for safety/environmental issues and ongoing performance of processes.
Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Measurement: Personal: negative findings at quality hold points; group – failures at FAT, others
Technical Capacity to connect dots of data to assess and correct the problem – electrical and mechanical
Communication Proficiency – brief
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Seven to ten years of Shop/ manufacturing Process Engineering experience in a complex engineered/manufacturing product environment. Strong preference for experience in transformer or other power generation business.
Progression: 1-3 yrs. to take full scope responsibility.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please complete an online application www.vatransformer.com or apply in person to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, VA 24012
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply