Summary: This position is responsible for establishing cost effective shipping plans for power transformers and ship separate parts which meet customer requirements as well as coordinating all activities to ensure the successful deployment/execution of these shipping plans.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Work with company approved carriers to obtain quotes, evaluate proposals and confirm orders to ensure timely and cost effective on time delivery of power transformers.
- Coordinate shipments between the carrier, customer and internal departments (e.g., Field Service, Project Management, Sales) such that the goods arrive without damage, on time, and the receiver can unload without difficulty.
- Maintain Shipping Log as a control for the controller and as a tool to monitor and reduce shipping costs.
- Assure that all shipments receive prior-authorization by a staff manager or higher level.
- Coordinate with internal departments to understand production status. Use this information to establish shipping plans for transformers that meet customer needs at optimal costs
- Maintain common carrier information (e.g., contacts, rates, insurance records) to ensure efficient and cost-effective shipment of transformers. Make recommendations to improve carrier selection/department performance.
- Assure that shipping / traffic problems are brought to the attention of the direct manager / supervisor for swift and timely resolution.
- Approve all freight bills to assure matching with contract arrangements and coordinate periodic audits of the shipping log with the Accounting Dept.
- Maintain Shipping records, files and documentation. Maintain/distribute daily/weekly shipping reports.
- Provide back up for Shipping Supervisor as needed
- Satisfy all performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the Employee Handbook.
- Some lifting required, up to 30 pounds
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts, negotiate/compromise and creatively problem solving
- Two (2) years shipping experience – preferably in heavy haul/heavy manufacturing environment.
- Proficient knowledge of common carrier freight systems and applications.
- Good computer skills – proficient in Microsoft products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Previous experience in heavy transformer manufacturing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of respective VTC departments (focused on manufacturing)
- Crane / forklift operation experience.
Salary position 40 – 45k DOE
How to Apply : Send resume to Marvin_orange@vatransformer.com