Georgia Transformer Corp.
The Quality Manager has direct responsibility
for strategy, oversight and management of the standards related to quality
along with the quality monitoring processes and procedures. Further, this
role is directly responsible for development and implementation of QA
initiatives and programs along with the day-to-day supervision of employees
within this department. Key to this role is the possession of direct
working knowledge and experience with regulatory standards and practices,
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate plant and division quality plans, consistent with business, customer and QA needs.
- Develop improvement strategies to help meet quality and overall long-term business objectives.
- Assist plant management with investigation of Quality incidents, and work with cross-department teams to formulate and implement effective and permanent corrective measures.
- Ensure the accuracy of quality records and reports required by ISO processes and management.
- Work with engineering, sales, purchasing and manufacturing to identify and solve quality problems that affect delivery of products and services to customers
- Recruit, interview and oversee plant QA personnel.
- Assist with development of quality enhancing plant floor procedures that will positively impact product quality, and oversee the training with floor personnel to effectively implement those procedures.
- Oversee quality programs and procedure audits, and propose measures to correct or improve the facility’s quality performance.
- Ensure the precision and accuracy of QA laboratory and testing analytical equipment and take corrective actions when necessary to bring equipment into reliability.
- Analyze quality data to understand control of process, recommend and assist with improvements to process,
- Prepare reports detailing quality system performance and present findings to senior level management
- Provide technical assistance to purchasing to facilitate improved quality of purchased goods and evaluate potential suppliers
Accountability: Reports to VP, Engineering
BASIC SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (high preference for Engineering or other technical discipline)
- More than eight (4) years experience in quality systems or quality assurance.
- At least three (3) years management experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Quality leadership experience in transformer related industry.
How To Apply : Send resume to Phil.Tamblyn@GaTransformer.com