Georgia Transformer Corp
Quality Assurance Manager
Summary: The Quality Assurance Manager is a senior professional who provides strategic, operational and thorough leadership to support the company’s mission and core values. The Manager works collaboratively with the site Leadership team at Georgia Transformer Corporation to develop and implement innovative manufacturing solutions and to ensure compliance to the quality management system. Responsible for assuring the quality level of GTC’s products and services through continuous improvements to achieve 6-sigma level performance. Position reports to the Vice President, General Manager and is an integral member of the GTC leadership team.
Job Location :Rincon, GA
- Provide leadership, oversight, and structured accountability of the QA team members.
- Staffing, training and overseeing the QA, ISO, test and inspection functions to cover all areas of the operation.
- Establishing a QA plan and planning for test requirements for new and complex jobs – capture these on the order expectation system.
- Planning, installing and maintaining all necessary equipment for the Quality function.
- Analyzing and recording all internal and external defects and failures.
- Providing technical support to the field service function.
- Maintaining expertise in all applicable standards, internal and external, manufacturing and performance.
- Developing the necessary process standards and assuring they are systematic.
- Recommend and provide technical training for shop personnel to build quality in the process, including hands-on training to assure the quality of the process; audit the proficiency of the personnel periodically.
- Help establish; meet and/or exceed budgetary goals – expenses and capital for your area of responsibility.
- Improve the efficiency of testing and inspection thru automation and review of data to minimize the testing and inspection requirements.
- Actively manage the vendor quality to level necessary to support our quality.
- Track quality improvements by measuring cost of quality.
- Audit the routines of the department for the intent of procedures to promote 6-sigma quality.
Essential Functions (include, but are not limited to):
- Manage the test/inspection needs daily and in a safe manner.
- Assure that product is through final inspection no less than .5 days prior to the scheduled ship time.
- Insure all witness testing and inspection: in-process, test and final, take place in a timely manner.
- Track key internal and external quality indicators of all departments and issue monthly reports to inform and to help direct the Company’s resources in reaching the quality goals.
- Maintain library of all internal and external standards and shop process standards.
- Plan and conduct necessary design, type of development testing on site and/or off site.
- Maintain active membership in appropriate quality organization.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Accountability: Reports to Vice President, General Manager. Leads a team of quality technicians.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechanical engineering or equivalent.
Fifteen to twenty-five years’ experience in design, field or testing of heavy duty industrial products.
Possess strong leadership abilities, demonstrated in a growing organization.
Hands on manager, comfortable spending time on the shop floor to resolve quality issues.
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Capable of identifying and resolving day-to-day business issues.
Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
Excellent organizational skills; documentation.
Knowledge of international quality system standards.
Master’s Degree – Electrical Engineering or MBA.
Electrical transmission or electrical transformer industry experience
How To Apply : Send resume to Phil.Tamblyn@GaTransformer.com
Salary: For those who pride themselves in their work and desire to be part of a growing dynamic company the salary will be $120,000 +.
Note: GTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
Georgia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply