220 Glade View Drive, Roanoke, VA 24012
(540) 345-9892 – Main Office
(540) 342-7694 – Fax
Sales@vatransformer.com – U.S. Sales
(800) 882-3944 – Service Contacts
Generator Step-Up (GSU) transformers use the voltage provided from a generator at a relatively low voltage and high current. they then convert it to a lower current but higher voltage level so that the energy can be transmitted effectively at longer distance. These types of transformers and designed normally with a YN-d configuration and can be built using our specialized core or shell form technology.
LEADING THE WAY WITH EXPERTISE AND SERVICE
When you need a transformer, we know how important it is to you that a company will back up their product with an experienced staff and immediate service. Our Pocatello, ID facility has built a solid reputation in transformer redesign and providing reliable remanufactured transformers to utilities and industrial customers throughout North America. Our strong emphasis on quality control, testing, service, quick shipment and one of the best warranties in the business, ALL at highly competitive pricing has earned us the reputation that we are proud to offer to you. Our engineers, test and lab technicians are continually upgrading our design procedures, test equipment and manufacturing processes to maintain these state-of-the-art capabilities. The transformer and services you receive from our Pocatello facility will be the very best our industry has to offer.
HOW WE REDESIGN AND REBUILD TRANSFORMERS
- Repairing transformers is an exacting science. At VTCU our technicians have the expertise to bring advanced design techniques to your damaged or obsolete transformers:
- The transformer is disassembled and examined to determine original design characteristics, weakness, and the specific cause of failure
- CAD programs are utilized to optimize design and analyze short circuit strength to meet the specifications.
- Materials are ordered based on the most advantageous design
- Replacement coils are wound with new conductor and new insulation materials by our technicians
- Any modifications or upgrades to the tank, clamping structure and the LTC controls are completed in parallel
- After the transformer is assembled, the tank exterior is sanded, primed and repainted. The transformer is then rigorously tested in accordance with the latest ANSI standards
- Only after all tests have been passed will VTC allow the transformer to be shipped
- VTC can also arrange all logistical support for delivery and erection
ENGINEERINGOur Pocatello design staff has over 100 man-years of experience in the transformer industry. The design and engineering staff in on-site at the Pocatello, Idaho facility to insure quality from start to final test of each order.
- Transformers received for repair are redesigned, as apposed to simply copying the previous design, thereby taking advantage of state-of-the-art design techniques and saving money for our customers
- All design and testing is done in accordance with ANSI standards
- Transformer design utilizes software which simulates the design of the transformers and provides short circuit analysis
- Additional engineering expertise is always throughout the VTC family of businesses
- Redesign Services
- Emergency Replacements
- Emergency Repairs
- Turnkey Services
- Full Testing