GEORGIA TRANSFORMER CORP.
Transformer Manufacturing Technologist
Provides technical support to the Production Manager and Team Leaders by proactively identifying any potential issues prior to manufacturing along with non-conformances during production while recommending solutions and driving continuous improvement actions.
- Review all engineering documents (outline drawing, design documents, NAI’s, specifications, complexities, unique requirements, etc.) during the Design for Manufacturability review prior to the manufacturing of each transformer. Ensures the design in within the company’s manufacturing capabilities.
- Recommends alterations to the engineering documents or processes to improve procedures and overall Quality.
- Documents and recommends changes to engineering documents during manufacturing of the transformer to improve overall Quality.
- Provides technical support to all functional areas ensuring all engineering documents, NAI’s, specifications and Quality procedures are performed correctly.
- Identifies equipment modifications and tooling requirements in a timely manner so to not delay the project.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of the materials, parts, tooling and equipment capabilities driving continuous improvement into the manufacturing processes.
- Identifies opportunities for new parts / components and the required test / verification plan. Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
Requires bachelor’s degree (or equivalent*) in Electronics Engineering Technology or related field.
Must possess minimum of 3 years’ experience position offered or as Manufacturing Technologist or related occupation. Experience must include minimum of 3 years with an electrical power apparatus manufacturer. Must be expert in reading and interpreting complex engineering drawings, instructions and specifications.
*Company will accept bachelor’s educational equivalency evaluation prepared by a qualified evaluation service or in accordance with 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(h)(iii)(D)
Note: Georgia Transformer Corp. retains the right to change or modify the duties and requirements of this position at any time at the discretion of the Company.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Georgia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.