Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt Reports To: Plant Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 5 – 15% Positions Supervised: Yes
Job Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Direct and coordinate production, processing, and shipping activities of the organization.
- Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel complaints in keeping with company policy and/or the collective bargaining agreement.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, and statistical studies.
- Review/evaluate direct reports as required by company policy and work situations.
- Oversee the administration of the SHAPE program, insuring that skills have been acquired and increases are warranted.
- Maintain safety within the manufacturing area in accordance with government regulations and company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills – Ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others, using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor degree in a technical or business discipline. Experience may be substituted for degree
(Experience for Assistant Plant Superintendent should be close to below but can be less)
10-15 years manufacturing management
SKILLS & ABILITIES
|Physical Abilities Stand F(Frequently) Walk F(Frequently)Sit C(Constantly)Hand Dexterity F (Frequently)Reach Outward O (Occasionally)Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)Climb Stairs O (Occasionally)||Lift/Carry11-20 lbs O (Occasionally) Push/Pull13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
How To Apply : Send resume to Mudassar_Mohsin@vatransformer.com