Final Assembly Section Leader
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 5% Positions Supervised: Yes
Work Location: Roanoke, VA
Oversee 2nd shift operation. Responsible for safety, security of facility, productivity, quality, and overall 2nd shift performance.
- Direct and coordinate production, processing, and shipping activities of the organization.
- Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel complaints in keeping with company policy and/or the collective bargaining agreement.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, and statistical studies.
- Review/evaluate direct reports as required by company policy and work situations.
- Oversee the administration of the SHAPE program, insuring that skills have been acquired and increases are warranted.
- Maintain safety within the manufacturing area in accordance with government regulations and company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in a technical or business discipline. Experience may be substituted for degree
10+ years manufacturing supervision.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
A combination of office and plant environments where one may be exposed to loud noise, temperature extremes, dust, welding and paint fumes.
Resumes to: Mudassar_Mohsin@vatransformer.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and minorities encouraged to apply