220 Glade View Drive, Roanoke, VA 24012
(540) 345-9892 – Main Office
(540) 342-7694 – Fax
Sales@vatransformer.com – U.S. Sales
(800) 882-3944 – Service Contacts
ELECTRICAL DESIGN TECHNICIAN
Directs development of design program for electrical power transformers to comply with company and transformer industry standards and customers’ requirements.
- Run quotation designs for sales departments that will then be reviewed by an Engineering Manager/Supervisor before going to sales.
- Ensure Transformer reliability for Various Dielectric Tests, Thermal behavior and Short circuit behavior of Transformer by using appropriate Tools for Large power Transformers and Autotransformers up to 500MVA and 525kV class by using industry standards that govern the design and test of transformers.
- Attend customer design reviews and assist production department when needed.
- Analyze data to determine feasibility of product proposal and confer with sales, manufacturing, and other engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems.
- Take charge of electrical advance material ordering (AO), design and packaging for routine jobs where packages for such similar jobs are already available.
- Make sketches and nameplate drawings (CAD) as required for jobs and other drawings as directed by Engineering manager/Supervisor.
- Make complex transformer designs such as LTC, Regulator, Grounding Transformer, Single Phase and Auto with direction from Engineering manager/Supervisor.
- Analyze historical test data/reports to determine if designs will meet functional and performance specifications and prepares design modifications as needed.
- Take turnkey responsibility for cost and performance of medium complexity jobs.
- Check routine jobs of same complexity done by design assistants or other designers for design and packaging accuracy.
- Review test data and sign test report for assigned job.
- Exercise judgment in selecting design parameters.
- Costing analysis of every project
- Assist Engineering Manager/supervisor on small developmental projects.
Requires bachelor’s degree (or equivalent*) in Electrical Engineering or related field.
*Company will accept bachelor’s educational equivalency evaluation prepared by a qualified evaluation service or in accordance with 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(H)(III)(D)
Must possess 2 years’ experience as Electrical Design Engineer or related position, which must include experience in transformer industry.
LOCATION Roanoke, VA
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=486854784