Vice President of Quality
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Yearly Salary Range: $185,000 to $225,000
The Vice President of Quality Assurance position is responsible for establishing a corporate quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction to support the target growth rate much higher than the market and meet the financial performance of Georgia & Virginia Transformer Corp; Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS) meeting the target of quality metrics.
Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines.
- Design and staff the quality organization
- Educates and trains employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Develops, implements, manages and integrates a QMS for manufacturing plants.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Manages quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Analyzes customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Develops quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Develops process certification standards and assist in process certification.
- Monitors vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Reviews customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Reviews suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, servers and Microsoft office suite
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to liquids, odors, fumes, high voltage, temperature , moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Frequent evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is required to company plant locations out-of-the-area and overnight.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering.
- Twenty (20) years of experience in QA functions implementation and management, with five (5) years as the leader in a medium-size, 10 % or greater growth rate, manufacturing environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or business administration.
- Experience working in custom designed capital equipment manufacturing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Six Sigma black-belt certification, with a proven track record of business performance improvement.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
The company support transfer of H1 B Visa and green card application if needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How To Apply : Send resume to Mudassar_Mohsin@vatransformer.com