Transformer Technical Engineer
Virginia Transformer and Georgia Transformer Corp is “the engineering firm that makes transformers”. With a history in custom-design and construction of power transformers since 1971, we have firmly established ourselves as one of the leading U.S. transformers manufacturers. Our four state-of-the-art North American facilities
produce power transformers for any conceivable application – GSU, substations, autotransformers, grounding transformers, drive duty, rectifier, exciter, voltage regulator, just to name a few – and our product line runs all the way from 300 KVA up to 400 MVA /345 kV class for core type liquid-filled, 1,400 MVA / 500kV shell type liquid filled and up to 20 MVA/35 kV for dry-type.
We are looking for experienced Transformer Technical Engineer with expertise on Power transformer design and manufacture. This position is responsible of the standardization, implementation of best practice sharing and failure prevention during the manufacture of a transformer within the plants in the group.
• To work safely in an electrical manufacturing environment and interact with all levels of the organization (production team members, peers, engineering, quality, and administration).
• Understand, display, and champion the Core Values of VTC.
• Be the link between Design and manufacture
STANDARDIZATION AND HARMONIZATION
• Analyze, define and implement the best practices among factories
• Standardization of processes among factories
• Create, modify and implement SOP and standard work instructions
• Technology harmonization
• Assist with daily activities and questions
• Apply problem solving techniques to optimize processes
• Participate in RCDE in manufacturing
• Participate in Failure analysis and based on actions defined, ensure the implementation on the plants.
• Introduce new technologies to transformer manufacture
• Analysis and optimization of processes (cost reduction, quality and safety improvement, cycle time reduction)
• Implementation of new Processes.
• Sense of urgency
• Adapting to changes
• Teamwork oriented
• Sense of urgency
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
1. 4 years college degree. Electrical engineer or equivalent is preferred.
2. 10 to 15 years’ experience in the manufacture of Power Transformers (Up to 500 KV)
3. Ability to work independently with excellent communication skills.
Valid driving license, good driving record, and ability to drive company-owned vehicles on service calls as required. Valid (or eligible for) Passport. 6. Proficiency in Microsoft office
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=369409088