Virginia Transformer Corp.
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Test Manager
Amount of Travel Required: None Positions Supervised: None
Location: Roanoke. VA
Performs standard testing processes on a variety of equipment and recording results. Requires knowledge of industry specific tests and testing equipment.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of electric transformers under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical instruments or testing equipment.
- Analyze and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems.
- Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs, reporting findings and recommendations.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist supervisor.
- Perform testing according to method and sequence of operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Two to four years related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Push / Pull
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Office and plant environment where one may be exposed to loud noise, temperature extremes, dust, welding and paint fumes.
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=436486355