Summary: The Test Technician tests transformers and switchgear, control components and circuits to comply with VTC and industry standards and customers’ requirements; he/she inspects products before and after assembly for conformance with VTC’s internal design requirements and customers’ specifications.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform routine tests. (ratio, phase rotation, resistance, impedance and loss measurements, Power factor, Megger, etc.)
- Perform high voltage tests on transformers & switchgear. (Impulse, Partial discharge, Hypot, Double induction, etc.)
- Troubleshoot for problems in case of failure.
- Take oil samples from main tank and transformers and carry out di-electric test. Send samples out for special tests.
- Perform pre-assembly ratio tests & troubleshoot whenever required.
- Inspect product in-process and after assembly to determine quality. Inspection shall include Engineering drawings, outlines and designs, mechanical dimensions, electrical wiring, and overall appearance of product. Write NCR’s for non-conformance items. Follow-up NCR’s through rectification or obtain approval before final stamp for shipping. Maintain records of non-conformance. Correct those items which can be handled by test technicians.
- Accept responsibility for quality control stamps and affix stamps on product after inspection. Sign off the check sheets once the unit is tested.
- Become familiar with VTC’s and industry standards for testing VTC product.
- Learn to operate and maintain all VTC test equipment. Maintain clean test area at all times.
- Observe all safety procedures while testing and require the same from others present in the test area such as customer inspections.
- Move product as required.
- Preparation of test folders/reports and submission for approval.
Required: 1 year relevant experience in QC, electrical trouble-shooting testing, or electrician’s helper experience in medium voltage, ability to successfully discharge Level III duties, and ability to work variable work schedules.
Preferred: Mfg. Experience.
Status: Full Time-Hourly Non-Exempt
Salary: $14-$18 per hour DOE
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=386142535