CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
Georgia/Virginia Transformer Corp.
Test Lab Electrical Technician
Title: Test Lab Electrical Technician
Status: Full Time
Accountability: Reports to Test Manager(s)/Supervisor(s)
Job Location: Rincon, GA
Summary: This position performs specialized testing on transformers and other equipment. An employee will need to become familiar with industry standards for testing of high-voltage power transformers. Must learn to operate all test equipment and observe all safety while testing. Performance of other duties as required.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues within electrical systems and components of medium & high-voltage transformers
- Perform pre-assembly ratio tests & troubleshoot whenever required.
- Inspect product in-process and after assembly to determine quality. Inspection shall include Engineering drawings, outlines and designs, mechanical dimensions, electrical wiring, and overall appearance of product. Write NCRs for non-conformance items. Follow-up NCRs through recertification or obtain approval before final stamp for shipping. Maintain records of non-conformance. Correct those items which can be handled by test technicians.
- Accept responsibility for quality control stamps and affix stamps on product after inspection. Sign off the check sheets once the unit is tested.
- Become familiar with GTC’s and industry standards for testing GTC product(s).
- Observe all safety procedures while testing and require the same from others present in the test area such as customer inspections.
- Move product as required
- Preparation of test folders/reports and submission(s) for approval.
- Correct measured data for temperature and other environmental/set-up variables.
- Meet work performance requirements and daily goals as determined by area supervisor.
- Conformance to all work rules and regulations as required by employee handbook.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and assume personal responsibility for quality of workmanship and safety.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- 1-year relevant experience in electrical troubleshooting/testing, or electrical experience in medium and/or high voltage
- Must be able to work at heights up to 40ft using fall protection harness/equipment
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work variable work schedules (to include weekends and possible holidays)
- Mfg. Experience preferred
Preferred: 2-year Electrical Engineering Technology degree or equivalent. Other Requirements: Experience in a similar position. Proficient math, analytical, trouble shooting, and communication skills. Proficient interpersonal skills to interface with customers, vendors, and management to explain findings that occur as part of the job. Knowledge of statistical quality control methods. Ability to lift 50 lbs or more. Work within confined spaces and/or heights up to 40 feet as required. When evaluating candidates for this position such factors as (but not limited to) previous experience, schooling, mechanical ability, attitude, attendance, past discipline record, and the individual’s history of accepting available overtime will be considered.
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=436525250