Senior Test Engineer
Responsible for effectively using all assigned resources along with material and equipment to test VTC products for quality and functional integrity by the dates indicated on the master schedule.
- Schedule and direct activities of the Test Department to ensure accurate and timely testing/inspecting of Power Transformer & all products in accordance with IEEE and customer specifications.
- Organize and effectively complete customer witnesses during the final acceptance tests.
- Prepare and submit Test Plans as required for each project.
- Develop and implement effective plans to minimize testing errors and inefficiencies.
- Develop and implement effective plans to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Compile testing data, verify the test results and prepare certified test reports for customers.
- Report to management regarding periodic progress against the schedule, and periodic test process and efficiency data.
- Effectively coordinate the necessary resources to resolve problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Provide updates to employees regarding their performance, including timely and routine feedback to encourage good performance.
- Ensure that all employees receive sufficient training to perform their jobs in a safe, efficient and quality manner. This includes conducting monthly focus meetings and other tools to provide for adequate two-way communication with employees regarding safety, productivity concerns, etc.
- Adequately provide for the safety of all employees in the department. This includes, ensuring that employees are provided safety training regarding all potential hazards, the elimination of hazards where possible, the monitoring of work conditions for safety hazards, and ensuring the work area is kept orderly and secured at all times against unauthorized access.
- Safeguard the assets of the Company by ensuring that the equipment is properly used and maintained, and that material is handled and stored in a manner which will prevent its damage.
- Inspect and document the service quality with respect to work performed in his/her work areas.
- Administer/enforce established Company personnel policies with support from Human Resources.
- Perform test services work as part of the regular required duties.
Requires bachelor’s degree (or equivalent*) in Electrical Engineering or related field.
*Company will accept bachelor’s educational equivalency evaluation prepared by a qualified evaluation service or in accordance with 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(H)(III)(D)
Must possess 5 years’ progressive experience as an Electrical or Test Engineer with power transformer manufacturer.
LOCATION Roanoke, VA
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=402979905