SUMMARY: Sales Engineers will sell engineered Transformers or services to businesses. They must possess extensive knowledge of the products’ parts and functions and must understand the design and manufacturing processes that make these products work.
DUTIES: – Sales engineers typically do the following:
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- understand customer requirements and provide sales proposals
- Secure and renew orders based on value features of design and mfng technology
- Help clients solve problems with installed equipment
They use their technical knowledge to explain the benefits of their products or services to potential customers and to show how their products or services are better than their competitors’ products.
They influence the client in buying their products or services, negotiate a price, and complete the sale. To do this, sales engineers give technical presentations during which they explain the technical aspects of the product and how it will solve a specific customer problem.
In addition to giving technical presentations and selling , sales engineers are doing market research. They also may ask for technical requirements from customers and modify and adjust products to meet customers’ specific needs.
- Sales engineers work more than 40 hours due to customer needs and training in product and process.
- Travel: sales engineers can spend 20-70% of their time traveling.
- Working hours: a highly flexible to cover customer needs and company policy.
- Location: Throughout the country.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
A bachelor’s degree is required in mechanical or electrical engineering to become a sales engineer. Individuals with a degree in a physics or math may be considered. Successful sales engineers combine technical knowledge of the products or services they are selling with strong interpersonal skills.
Sales engineers should also possess the following specific qualities:
Interpersonal skills. Strong interpersonal skills are a valuable characteristic for sales engineers, both for building relationships with clients and effectively communicating with other members of the sales team.
Problem-solving skills. Sales engineers must be able to listen to the customer’s desires and concerns, and then recommend solutions, possibly including customizing a product.
Self-confidence. Sales engineers should be confident and persuasive when making sales presentations.
Technological skills. Sales engineers must have extensive knowledge of the technology and performance of products they sell in order to explain their advantages and answer questions.
Graduates with engineering degrees need sales experience and training in product before they can work independently as sales engineers. They will be trained in general sales techniques and may involve teaming with a sales mentor who is familiar with the employer’s business practices, customers, procedures, and company culture. After the training period, sales engineers will continue to partner with someone who lacks technical skills yet excels in the art of sales.
How To Apply: Send resume to Mudassar_Mohsin@vatransformer.com
NOTE: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties / specifications of this position at any time.