CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
Department: Sales & Marketing Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Sales Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 50-75% Positions Supervised: None
Location: Roanoke, VA
Generates new business and ensures growth of existing accounts. Assesses potential application of company products or services and offers solutions that meet customer needs. Responsible for meeting sales margin and expense control objectives for an assigned market(s) in accordance with the overall policies and objectives of the Company.
- Provide timely, accurate, effective quotation service to all customers within assigned market(s), including but are not limited to:
- Obtain quotation request from customers in assigned market(s).
- Interpret and clarify customer specifications.
- Determine strategy, price levels and commercial terms.
- Secure amount and type of orders from assigned market(s) to meet sales budget and needs of the business.
- Communicate regularly and consistently with the Market Manager and Director of Sales on all quotation activity and status.
- Engage in all necessary order closing activities within assigned market(s), including but are not limited to:
- Visit customers as needed on specific transactions and routinely to establish solid relationships.
- Assume a lead role in setting the Company’s strategy for securing key large orders within assigned market(s).
- Engage in daily selling and negotiation activities to meet assigned goals and objectives.
- Provide and maintain timely, quality inputs to the quotation data system and customer management tools for assigned market(s).
- Involved in product service to insure customer satisfaction.
- Enthusiastically represent Virginia Transformer Corp. to all customers in support of Business Plan.
- Assist the Director of Sales in overall sales planning for assigned market(s).
- Satisfy all work performance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others, using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, with concentration on power industry, or Associate’s degree plus equivalent direct work experience.
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with concentration on transformer product and/or power industry and some formal coursework at the college level in sales and/or marketing functions preferred.
2-4 years inside sales experience in power transformer industry.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office, customer management software, ERP
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=453310540