CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
Sales Application Engineer
Summary: This position is responsible for reviewing customer technical specifications, preparing preliminary costing and quotation schedules, providing the senior sales personnel with costing information, and working with engineering personnel to correctly specify transformer components in accordance with the overall policies and objectives of the Company.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provide quotation service to senior sales personnel within assigned market(s), including but are not limited to:
- Obtain quotation request from customers in assigned market(s).
- Interpret and clarify customer specifications.
- Review strategy, price levels and commercial terms, consulting with sales managers in accordance with overall Company policies.
- Provide timely, accurate and effective quotation service.
- Follow-up on all quotations that have been received and insure that the customer is satisfied and considers the quotation complete, accurate, and responsive to his (her) needs assuring favorable consideration for a contract award.
- Assist sales personnel to identify orders from assigned market(s) in order to meet sales budget and the needs of the business.
- Communicate regularly and consistently with Market Managers and the Director of Sales on all quotation activity and status as requested.
- Engage in all necessary order closing activities within assigned market(s), including but are not limited to:
- Visit customers as required on specific technical transactions and routinely to establish solid relationships.
- Assume a role in the Company’s strategy for securing key large orders within assigned market(s).
- Engage in daily activities to meet assigned goals and objectives.
- Provide and maintain timely and quality inputs to the quotation data system for assigned market(s).
- Be involved in product service issues at customers within assigned market(s) to insure proper customer satisfaction consistent with overall Company needs.
- Enthusiastically represent Virginia Transformer Corp. to all customers in support of Company needs and objectives.
- Assist the sales managers in overall sales planning for assigned market(s).
- Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the April 2018 Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Accountability: Reports to Market Manager(s).
Position Specifications and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, with concentration on power industry, or Associate’s degree plus equivalent direct work experience.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with concentration on transformer product and/or power industry.
- Some formal coursework at the college level in sales and/or marketing functions.
Note: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=453310539