PROCESS ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt Reports To: VP of Operations
Amount of Travel Required: 10 – 15% Positions Supervised: TBD
The Process Assurance Supervisor is the point person for assuring the satisfaction of the customer for units from the completion of testing to delivery to the site. Ensuring the coordination and communication, internally and externally, is effective. A comprehensive customer service position with the success of the position being measured by there being “No defects in the field and no coordination issues with delivery”.
1. Taking part within the closing meeting of all witness testing to ensure:
a. Verification of items noted within the specifications are completed.
b. If items are requested outside the specification that require a change notice and price adder: ensuring these items are responded to quickly, communicating the impact on the schedule via working with PMO.
c. Status of the project and shipping expectations.
2. Monitor the NCRs/Field Service Issues on a weekly basis to ensure these items do not have an effect on the customer. Focus on the items post test and controls related.
3. Verify the checking/inspections are being completed from the perspective “How do I know it is working based upon how the process checking has been completed”.
4. Attend the weekly shipping meeting:
a. Do the shipping dates make sense from the perspective of where the unit is within the process? If there is a question, review with the General Manager.
b. Coordination perspective: Field Service/Offload/location unit is shipping to/unit shipping dry or oil filled.
5. Post on a weekly basis within final assembly any field service issues from the previous week and have a weekly focus meeting on the previous week’s issues.
6. Taking part in all 3rd party final inspections:
a. Coordination of any 3rd party inspections, including the advance arrangements of CSA/UL/Customer inspections.
b. Ensuring the unit is 100% ready and any items resolved prior to the unit being released for shipment (spare parts are inspected, marked for ease of installation, parts and unit packaged to arrive securely).
c. Unit must arrive in presentable condition at the customer.
7. Logistical coordination
i. Final Assembly/Quality Assurance/Fit and Finish/Shipping: All NCRs and hit list cleared.
ii. Shipping/PMO/Field Service: Customer coordination for arrival, Representative and Sales informed, Field Service is planned for the unit.
iii. Unit tracking and progress up to arriving on site: Monitor to ensure the shipping supervisor is tracking daily, ensuring the shipping report is being completed with intent.
b. Contract fulfillment
i. Are there issues caused by customer that will/are costing VTC, bring to PMO attention.
1. Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills – Ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others, using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
A Bachelor of Science in management, mechanical or electrical engineering.
Ability to write well, communicate orally and ability to interface well with Administrative personnel, Production Managers, and Customers.
Experience with Microsoft Office software is highly desirable.
In lieu of a degree; a minimum of (5) years experience in a manufacturing setting with quality assurance experience.
1. Previous direct experience in a heavy transformer Mfg environment.
2. Thorough knowledge of respective VTC departmental operations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
NOTE: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties / specifications of this position at any time.
To apply for this position: Fill out an “Internal Position Application / Transfer Request form” and get Supervisors approval. Forms are available in Human Resources. Resume must show that experience correlates with requirements.
Compensation: $55-60000 USD
Work Location: VTCU – Pocatello, ID
Accountability: Reports to Shipping Supervisor
Deadline to apply for this position is 5:00 PM Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please complete an online application www.vatransformer.com or apply in person to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, VA 24012
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply