Department: Materials Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Materials Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 0-15% Positions Supervised: None
Under general supervision from the Materials Manager, performs supervisory, technical and administrative duties in the materials procurement and receiving operations.
- Supervises Inventory Control Specialists; assists in hiring, training, evaluation, and disciplining employees.
- Plans, organizes, and implements inventory operations and procedures; supervises Physical Inventory Count. Provides proper accounting for year-end-adjustment to General Ledger.
- Reviews daily inventory activity; maintains accurate inventory master files, manufacturer and catalog numbers, minimums and material descriptions.
- Remains current on new and obsolete materials. Maintains adequate levels of inventory stock.
- Reviews receiving records and maintains files. Reconciles invoices.
- Reviews purchase order requests and compares expenditures with budget appropriations; prepares and reviews monthly Capital Budget reports.
- Researches vendor, pricing, and manufacturer information. Prepares re-order reports with quantities required for inventory stock and forwards to Buyer for pricing/ordering.
- Prepares, evaluates and makes recommendations for award of formal bids on inventory and non-inventory materials. Coordinates Power Department formal bid documents.
- Collaborates with M.I.S. in the development of new computer programs and changes to existing programs relative to all areas of responsibility.
- Completes capital projects as assigned each budget year.
- Expedites inventory and non-inventory materials orders, including tracking and follow-up on back orders.
- Negotiates terms with suppliers. Participates in the evaluation of various associated materials.
- Issues supplies, materials and equipment to VTC employees.
- Receives delivered supplies, materials and equipment from suppliers as well as re-stocks and inspects items returned into inventory.
- Organizes and maintains warehouse and inventory yard areas for efficient material storage and handling, including labeling, stocking and organizing stock items on shelving.
- Operates indoor and heavy duty outdoor forklifts and other necessary vehicles and equipment involved with issuing and stocking materials.
- Works closely with the Inventory Control Specialists in all aspects of area functions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
AA degree in Business or related field
Four (4) years experience handling procurement, purchasing, and inventory, preferably in a manufacturing environment, to include six (6) months of supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of education or experience. General knowledge of cost effective inventory principles and management; knowledge and experience in Planning and Managing Warehouse Operations
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office, especially MS Excel
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally)
Kneel O (Occasionally)
Crawl O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Wages: $48,000-$55,000 DOE
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=386180103