Materials Planning Manager
The Materials Planning Manager supports the Materials group by developing corporate material forecasts and plans to provide consolidated material requirements for all US based manufacturing sites. Responsible for controlling the company’s investment in materials and equipment by minimizing inventory levels while maximizing material availability to ensure proper levels of inventory resources are maintained for optimum operating efficiency and cost effectiveness. The principal objective of the Materials Planning Manager is to manage and improve the planning function within the Materials group through the implementation of planning best practices and the full utilization of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and MRP (Materials Requirements Planning) systems.
- Manage material requirements planning for multiple manufacturing sites and multiple products.
- Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Execute / monitor MRP calculations and messages.
- Drive maximum utilization of the ERP system for all MRP functions and inventory control.
- Create and manage electronic Bills of Material, Production Orders, and Routings.
- Interface with the Manufacturing and Quality groups to resolve material availability and production tracking issues on a real time basis.
- Monitor the “MRP to consumption” flow of materials from receipt to issuance; including release testing and material disposition.
- Coordinate production activities and campaign schedules with the Master Scheduler, Manufacturing, and PD and assist with assigned scenario planning activities.
- Work with Supply Chain to develop and implement inventory and planning strategies to support both MRP and non-MRP activities (i.e. reorder point planning, Kanban programs, safety stock demand planning, ABC categorization, etc.).
- Lead the lifecycle management process to optimize inventory, mitigate material expiry, and reduce scrap.
- Maintain all Planning related ERP system Master Data.
- Develop and report appropriate Planning related metrics to inform the organization and drive continuous improvement.
· Process Orientation – ability to organize, schedule, problem solve. Comfortable with
· Strong safety orientation
· Intellectual rigor – top quartile of formal education performance.
· Managerial Skills – understands and skilled at managing manpower, machines and materials.
· Accountability – accept responsibility for the departments’ goals and objectives.
· Adaptability – ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
· Analytical Skills – use thinking and reasoning to solve problems.
· Troubleshooting – conduct root cause analysis, determine corrective actions and work with manufacturing & engineering to resolve the problem.
· Influence management – ability to interact with other departments in the plant, field sales and field service management to meet customer expectations and delivery.
· Communication – communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
· Interpersonal – ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
· Organized – above average organizational skills to deal with multiple priorities and changing schedules.
· Self-Motivated – ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Supply Chain Management preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in Materials Planning and Execution.
Five years of material planning experience supporting manufacturing required, prefer heavy industrial environment.
MRP / ERP business system experience.
Preference given to candidates holding APICS CPIM certification.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office – strong Excel skills preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
How to Apply : Send resume to Mudassar_Mohsin@vatransformer.com