A Materials Clerk performs shipping/receiving of products and materials utilizing available tools (i.e. cranes forklift, dollies, and hand trucks). The Clerk gathers, packages, crates products and materials in preparation for shipping, unloading / loading of materials and delivers to the appropriate department in the plant or plant locations. The Clerk maintains a safe, neat and orderly work area.
Job Location : Roanoke, VA
Materials Clerk Job Duties: Will perform Job duties of a Materials Handler as well as the duties below.
- Requisition, track and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands and maintain inventory of stock.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Record all data, such as weight, charges, damages, or discrepancies for reporting or recordkeeping & accounting purposes.
- Perform transactions in computer system (i.e. receiving, transferring, issuing of material & general inventory inquiries)
- Follow plant schedule for crating BOM kit sheets for pulling and delivery of materials
- Daily Reporting – backlogs of any material (i.e. unreceived purchase orders, job kits not pulled or delivered)
- Provide the Supervisor a daily list of required parts missing for jobs and adding it to the job kitting sheet.
- Perform and validate cycle counts. Determine (or assist supervisor in determining) the root cause of variances in inventory.
- Follow process for Inter Company Transfers (ICT)/Field Service Sales Order’s including SOP in computer system
- Communicating with trucking companies or the shipping department for outgoing shipments.
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills
- CRT / computer skilled with data entry experience
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills
- Experience operating forklift, crane, air and hand tools.
- Minimum (1) year experience in manufacturing experience in shipping and or receiving
- Ability to read blueprints
- Willingly accepts job challenges and work under stress or pressure
- Self-starter – able to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events). Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
Tools & Technology
- Computer Skills
- Forklift, motorized pallet jack, crane
- Company Vehicles
- Tape measure
- Air & Hand tools
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=419747144