High Voltage Assembly (HVA) Manufacturing Technician
The High Voltage Assembly (HVA) Manufacturing Technician provides hands on training, technical support and assistance to within the High Voltage Assembly shop. The TT follows project jobs, processes audits and quality checkpoints throughout the manufacturing process. This person must excel in resolution of technical problems, work to implement continuous improvement projects; reduce cost and cycle time; resolve production issues and suggest improvements.
Job titles: HVA Manufacturing Technician
- Provide technical / hands on support to High Voltage Assembly personnel
- Perform stringent audit and quality checks and tests
- Expediently solve technical problems as they arise on the floor minimizing the impact on the production schedule
- Collaborate with electrical engineers or other personnel to identify, define or solve developmental problems
- Facilitate and provide training for employees to ensure quality of workmanship
- Perform skills audits and provide information to company training and development manager
- 2-year degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- 2 to 5 years of heavy manufacturing experience.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and good communication skills, both oral and written,
- Ability to work with mechanical and electrical blueprints throughout the production process.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, processes and related work experience using essential tools and equipment for High Voltage Assembly section.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, evening / off shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingly accepts job challenges and work under stress or pressure
- Strong mechanical skills
- Self-starter – able to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Strong knowledge of operations such as inspection, testing, repair, investigation, and reporting on various types of transformers including both liquid filled and dry transformers
- Craftsmanship – The pride one puts into each and every product they produce.
- Maintain Focus – The ability to handle repetition and function under pressure or stress.
- Hand – Eye Coordination — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Near Vision — The ability to read gauges and counter devices at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Stamina – Stand for long periods
Tools & Technology
- Calibrated resistance measuring equipment — Insulation resistance testers; Wheatstone bridges
- Mallets — Rawhide hammers; Rubber mallets
- Stripping tools — Wire strippers
- Voltage or current meters — Digital voltage meters; Test lamps
- Wire cutters — Wire cutting tools; Wire snips
- Operate forklift
- Two (2) year electrical/mechanical technical degree or equivalency test.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes or related work experience.
- Ability and required skill to diagnose and solve problems
To apply for this position: Send resume at Mudassar_Mohsin@vatransformer.com . Resume must show that experience correlates with requirements. You may also be required to pass electrical/mechanical and quality aptitude test for position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Females & Minorities encouraged to apply