Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: HR Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Negligible Positions Supervised: None
The Human Resources Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all location personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists with administering unemployment insurance and workers compensation insurance and FMLA.
- 3. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- 4. Assist in the administration of time card/payroll procedures.
- 5. Performs day-to-day benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- 6. Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- 7. Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- 8. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company employee directory.
- 9. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- 10. Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Actively participates in new employee orientation.
- Supports recruiting efforts.
- Maintaining employee records in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies.
- 14. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- 15. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Satisfy all work performance and attendance requirements.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Associate’s Degree in a related discipline. PHR certification preferred.
Three to five years related experience. Significant experience in human resources may be substituted for formal training.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=402959296