CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
High Voltage Assembler
A High Voltage Assembler is responsible for the manufacture of the high voltage assembly phase of all power transformers and associated equipment. Assembly is completed to specifications and per the area supervisor’s instructions.
Job titles: High Voltage Assembler
Job Location: Roanoke, VA
- Prepare and Stack core steel and other insulations per specifications. Inspect, bracket, and band all core elements and perform final stand up positioning of core configuration landing of coils and assembly of core steel.
- Assemble and prepare core/coil configurations for curing and drying. Process may include immersion for varnish coat.
- Cure core and coil configurations per instructions.
- Perform main assembly (core/coil assembly, miscellaneous control wiring and other technical components per blue prints.) Install accessories and enclosures for dry type units. Tank core/coil assembly for oil filled units.
- Procure tools and supplies needed to complete tasks
- Perform in process tests as specified
- Correct any red tag items or other tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain neat and organized work area.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum one (1) year experience in heavy manufacturing in industrial environment. (Or equivalent)
- Mechanical aptitude and interest.
- Proficiency and experience with power/electrical tools and equipment
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, evening / off shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Experienced with transformer or related electrical manufacturing.
- Ability to read blueprints, calculations, and shop related mathematics.
- Experienced with crane, forklift, welding, and cutting torch.
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards for electrical equipment.
- Willingly accepts job challenges and work under stress or pressure
- Self-starter – able to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Craftsmanship – The pride one puts into each and every product they produce.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Near Vision — The ability to read gauges and counter devices at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Tools & Technology
- Hand Tools
- Cutting Torch
- Powered Electrical Tools
- Solder Pot
- Pneumatic Tools
- Vacuum Pump
- Band Saw
- Crimping Equipment
- Air Pallets
- Electro-Plating Equipment
- Torque Wrench
- Spreader Bars
- Mechanical Shear
- Bench Grinder
- Testing Equipment
- Manual Shear
- Drill Press
- Iron Worker
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=486841106