Virginia Transformer Corp.
Maintaining all aspects of facility equipment with little to no failures. Responsible for implementing the company’s safety programs to protect employees and the company against harm, and maintain safe working conditions formulating work safety standards, and enforcing procedures.
- Coordinate site safety programs
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees
- Maintain budgets for maintenance and safety
- Plan equipment shutdowns and repairs when necessary
- Insure compliance and reporting requirements of federal or state regulations are met.
- Conduct accident investigation, implementation prevention solutions.
- Provide safety training for new hires, coordinate annual recurring required training, and develop safety programs as needed to meet the requirements and goals of the plant.
- Conduct personal inspections to ensure safe conditions and work practices. Assure there is full compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, and prepare reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. OSHA Training preferred.
Previous experience in the area of general safety in manufacturing, and strong working knowledge of OSHA and Federal, State and Local safety regulations/codes is preferred.
Maintenance and/or Engineering experience preferred
Salary Range for Position: $60,000-$70,000 per year DOE
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=386189837