CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
CLICK HERE FOR REP LOCATOR
Virginia – Georgia Transformer Corporation
POSITION TITLE: Electrical Drafter
REPORTS TO: GTC Engineering Manager
Develop drawings, specifications, and instructions for manufacturing of transformers and related electrical equipment used for transformer product.
- Create documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are then checked by an engineer.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Draft working drawings, winding instructions/diagrams, specifications, or cross-sections of transformer, as required for instructions to manufacturing crew.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed product and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Create window cutaway and flat pattern drawings of transformer design.
- Create Insulation component drawings.
- Create manufacturing drawings for programming 3-axis & 5-axis machines, using AutoCAD (2D) and inventor (3D).
- Confer with manufacturing team to resolve issues in shop floor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate Degree or Technical Certification in Drafting
- Transformer drafting for engineering preferred
- 2 years drafting experience in manufacturing industry
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Windows, AutoCAD, MS Office, (Excel experience a Must)
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
- Sense of Sound (Conversational)
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Interested candidates may apply by following the link https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6083336.careers?ShowJob=470041921