Development Electrical Engineer
Will direct development of design program for Electrical power transformers.
- Maintenance and update of in-house electrical design program used by the design team for design of oil filled power transformers. This involves writing a specification, coordinating the changes with MIS team and testing and production release.
- Analysis of power transformers for stray losses such as a bracket, tie plate and tank plate losses using ANSYS Finite Element 3D analysis software.
- Interpret the IEEE standards ANSI C57.12.00 and ANSI C57.12.10 for it test levels and analyze the transformer for its high and low frequency electrical stresses.
- Creating the test plans, coordination of various departments and conducting experiments for the product development testing and validation.
- Development of new technologies for cost effective transformers.
- Test data collections from production/manufacturing departments and review half yearly basis for product improvement of oil filled power transformers.
- Development of new materials and vendors for cost effectiveness in collaboration with materials team.
- Review and maintain the purchase part description for new material and for new vendors.
- Participating in the design review of complex design executed by VTCU team.
- Development and maintenance of design guidelines-ISO documents for the oil filled transformers build by Virginia Transformer.
- Support sales team for the competitive quote designs for extra high voltage power transformers executed by VTC Pocatello team.
Requires bachelor’s degree (or equivalent*) in Electrical Engineering or related field.
Must possess minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in power transformer design or development engineering position.
*Company will accept bachelor’s educational equivalency evaluation prepared by a qualified evaluation service or in accordance with 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(h)(iii)(D)
How to Apply : Send resume to Shilpa_Nanduri@vatransformer.com
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.