Virginia Transformer Corp
Department: Engineering Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Engineering Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 0-10% Positions Supervised: None
Work Location: Roanoke, VA
Develop transformer controls designs, using and applying design principles, research data, appropriate industry and safety standards, and proposed product specifications.
- Familiar with industry standards governing the design and manufacture of various types of transformers and switchgear.
- Ability to understand functioning of control devices and logic.
- Read and understand customer specifications, select accessories including suitable gauges and instruments per those specifications.
- Provide technical support to shop staff or customers.
- Confer with sales, manufacturing, and other engineering personnel to clarify information or resolve problems.
- Prepare accurate drawings including schematics, point to point and layouts.
- Generate Bills of Material (BOM) for all material and accessories needed in a design package,
- Generate material purchase requests as required for material that is not stocked or advance-ordered.
- Complete design activities in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, mathematics, or physics, or four to six years’ design experience, or equivalent combination of technician experience plus formal education.
Prefer 2 years’ relevant experience in the design of controls for transformer or other power-related.
Skills & Abilities
MS Office, AutoCAD or similar design software.
To apply for this position: Email:- Mudassar_Mohsin@vatransformer.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and minorities encouraged to apply