Georgia Transformer Corp
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Plant Head
Travel Required: Negligible Positions Supervised: Test Tech
Job Location : Rincon, GA
Responsible for effectively using all assigned human resources along with material and equipment to test GTC/VTC products for quality and functional integrity per IEEE standards and customer’s specification by the dates indicated on the master schedule.
- Schedule and direct activities of the Test Department to ensure accurate and timely testing/inspecting of all products in accordance with the Master Schedule.
- Report to management regarding periodic progress against the schedule, and periodic test process and efficiency data.
- Effectively coordinate the necessary resources to resolve problems in a timely and cost-effective manner. Minimize testing errors and inefficiencies.
- Provide leadership and direction to the test lab employees in managing a multi-million-dollar asset profile.
- Partner with Plant Op’s, Engineering and other functions as needed to ensure testing is completed in a comprehensive and timely manner to meet customer expectations.
- Prepare test plan for FAT and other tests required by customer.
- Prepare test reports of the tests conducted in the lab.
- Manage oil test laboratory.
- Manage customer on-site visits and via other communications to keep them informed and assured that their products are being built to specifications which include our high-quality standards.
- Capital and Business planning to keep Test Lab up to date, as required by standards and customer specifications.
- Provide frequent updates to employees regarding their performance, including timely and objectively written performance reviews and routine feedback to encourage good performance.
- Adequately provide for the safety of all employees in the department. This includes, but is not limited to, providing safety training regarding all potential hazards, the elimination of hazards where possible, the monitoring of work conditions for safety hazards, and ensuring the work area is kept orderly and secured always against unauthorized access.
- Safeguard the assets of the Company by ensuring that the equipment is properly used and maintained, and that material is handled and stored in a manner which will prevent its damage
- Process Orientation – ability to organize, schedule, problem solve. Comfortable with design of experiments and analytical approaches.
- Strong safety orientation
- Intellectual rigor – top quartile of formal education performance.
- Managerial Skills – understands and skilled at managing manpower, machines and materials.
- Accountability – accept responsibility and account for the test departments goals and objectives.
- Adaptability – ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – use thinking and reasoning to solve problems.
- Troubleshooting – conduct root cause analysis, determine corrective actions and work with manufacturing & engineering to resolve the problem.
- Leadership – of the department and the function as part of the plant operations team.
- Customer focus – ability to interact effectively with customers regarding their questions and concerns about the product(s) we are building for them.
- Influence management – ability to interact with other departments in the plant, field sales and field service management to meet customer expectations and delivery.
- Communication – communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Interpersonal – ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – above average organizational skills to deal with multiple priorities and changing schedules.
- Self-Motivated – ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering with min 8 years of experience.
Associate Degree in Electrical engineering with 15years of experience in the electrical industry.
5+ years testing/QC experience of electrical equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in the transformer industry
- 2+ years in a Quality role.
- Engineering management experience in power systems; e.g. switch gears, electrical cables and equipment, high voltage products.
- Industrial industry experience with a focus on custom design and build of the product.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
How To Apply :- send resume at email@example.com