Virginia Transformer Corp.
Department: Materials Job Status: Full Time
FLSA: Exempt Reports to: Materials Manager
Amount of Travel 0-10%
Summary: The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of safe storage of all raw material and supply components to manufacturing areas in a timely manner. The position is also responsible for the coordination of inventory control disciplines to include required and request cycle counts. The Warehouse Supervisor must ensure that the inventory level goals for stocked material are met and that stock outs are minimized. Other departmental objectives may be assigned or established.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible of all daily communication and coordination of the warehouse personnel. Establish a daily weekly departmental communications meeting to review safety, schedules, company news, departmental news and discuss issues/resolutions.
- Allocate personnel as necessary within the Materials Control area in order to efficiently accomplish our mission by maintaining personnel schedules and time approvals.
- Ensure warehouse personnel are cross-trained, so absences, vacation, etc. will create minimum disturbances in workflow. Coordinate training with Training Administrator/H.R. and develop a training matrix to ensure all personnel is cross trained.
- Reconciliation of all issued material per job to ensure timely financial review.
- Coordinate, reconcile and report all monthly cycle counts, to include reporting root cause for each discrepancy.
- Review and reorder inventory on stocked items, perpetual or Kanban inventories.
- Control the issuance of replacements for lost and damaged.
- Develop and control delivery schedules of inbound deliveries
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures for the warehouse area.
- Safety: Ensure department completes accident report within 12 hours of an accident and submit to Safety and Compliance.
- Housekeeping: Utilize MBWA (Management by Walking Around) to ensure department is well organized and maintained at highest levels of cleanliness.
- Attendance: Maintain attendance records on assigned personnel. Attendance forms will be supplied by H.R
- Retention: Utilize all means possible to retain personnel assigned to department.
- Quality: Ensure ISO policies and procedures are maintained and being adhered to.
- Overtime: Overtime must be planned and approved (ideally on a weekly basis) by Materials Manager and Vice President of Operations. Wherever possible, schedules should be adjusted rather than routinely schedule overtime. Chart overtime.
- Discipline: Ensure department is enforcing discipline consistently and fairly. Document all disciplinary actions taken.
- Continuous Improvement: Perform one continuous improvement study every two months. This study should outline the problem; persons selected from department to do study; root cause; and corrective actions put in place and/or recommended upon completion of study. (Identify cost to fix problem and cost savings per fix).
- Morale: Take actions to ensure highest possible morale within department.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
VTC management retains the discretion to add or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
Required: Minimum 5-10 years in a manufacturing environment, preferable in an Warehousing and Inventory Control. Two-year degree in Technical or Business discipline. Experience may be substituted for Degree.
To apply for this position: Email:- Jim_Hungate@vatransformer.com