Virginia Transformer Corp.
Department: Accounting Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Controller
Amount of Travel Required: 0-10% Positions Supervised: None
Provides accounting services for a plant. Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Accurately prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Accurately analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value and location of property.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university) in business or accounting.
One to three years related experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Note: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
How to Apply:- Email Jim_Hungate@vatransformer.com
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply