Virginia Transformer Corp
Department: Technical Job Status: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt Reports To: Technical/Mfg. Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Small % Positions Supervised: None
Job Location: Roanoke, VA & Pocatello, ID
In this role, you will optimize the manufacturing processes ensuring quality of the processes and adherence to customer specifications for our custom manufactured transformers. You will utilize your Engineering knowledge and experience and work cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, Development, Methods, Purchasing and vendors to assess product features for manufacturability, and recommend processes along with implementing manufacturing techniques as needed.
- Ensure customer requirements are reflected in the design of transformers.
- Assist Design Team for manufacturability standards
- Do pre-design (sheet #105) review as well as “shop reviews” for checking manufacturability and avoid conceptual errors.
- Follow new part introductions, define and release required work instructions
- Present findings or improvements in a professional way to management
- Follow factory processes for quality and standardize them between locations
- Assist factory personnel and facilitator with correcting production problems
- Aid waste and defect reduction efforts at all production locations
- Observe methods and improves existing processes when possible to obtain required quality and develop and implement “process instruction”
- Provide specialized knowledge and experience that would reduce lead time, improve quality and reliability of product.
- Periodically initiate projects to improve quality and efficiency of the processes. Cost justify the capital projects and manage these projects once approved.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others, using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with about 3 years direct experience with custom manufacturing operation, or
Associate Degree or Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years direct experience with custom manufacturing operation, or
Must have a demonstrated hands-on mechanical ability
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hand Dexterity F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb Stairs O (Occasionally)
11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
How to Apply :-
For Pocatello, ID , send resume to Frederick_Boldman@vatransformer.com
For Roanoke, VA , send resume to Jim_Hungate@vatransformer.com