Human Resources/Safety Manager – VTCU
The human resource/safety manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, training and evaluation for the human resource & safety functions of the plant. The key parts of the job include assuring/enforcing adherence to the company policies & procedures; leading employee engagement and development, providing consistent and proactive HR functional support, direction and advice to other managers on HR/Safety procedure and policy to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the organization & Company’s overall strategic direction.
- Ensure the administration of HR policies, procedures and programs, supports departmental development, employee relations, training and development, compensation, organizational development, employment and safety.
- Actively keep corporate/senior management informed of all developing employee relation issues; advise management in appropriate resolution; respond to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Maintain professional and technical HR/Safety knowledge; review professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies to stay abreast with changing market & functional dynamics – apply that Knowledge!
- Develop & execute the workforce/ recruitment plans, conducting recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel;
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Support performance and merit review processes to ensure consistency and appropriate rigor for talent calibration and succession planning.
- Coach and train managers to properly apply human resources policies and procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Coordinate employee activities to ensure that all programs comply with company guidelines.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure company policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyzing data and making recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Representing the company for any unemployment & other claims.
- Maintain routines, create reports, evaluate decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Leads the plant safety activities.
- Drives positive recognition along with strict enforcement of discipline for safe plant behaviors
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of safety training for plant (including annual OSHA trainings and required plant safety training)
- Ensure plant safety training for all new employees, customers, and visitors
- Coordinate with other facilities on company-wide safety initiatives
- Prepare weekly reports on safety metrics.
- First point of contact for worker’s comp claims.
- Support supervisors as the first line of defense for safety at the plant.
- Ensure thorough administration of onsite training programs to assure maximum effectiveness of employee
- Identify training needs, organize training, ensuring that training is performed with proper testing and evaluation at the end; maintain training files.
- Coordinate external trainings with employees, supervisors and management.
|Recruitment||a) Average time to close position|
|b) Performance in first 90 days & confirmation|
|Employee Turnover Rate||Turnover Rate per business plan & goals in performance review|
|Training and Development||a. Dashboard showing completion of training and passing of tests|
|b. Employees Productivity before and after Training|
|Career Development||% Of employees that fully executed their IDP|
|Administration||Audits (weekly, monthly & Quarterly)|
|Accountabilities||Feedback from Employees and Team Members|
|Safety||Zero accidents and Zero incident, Weekly Report|
How To Apply :- send resume to Vinay_Singh@vatransformer.com
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply