Virginia Transformer Corporation
Field Service Warranty Coordinator
Department: Field Service Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Hourly Reports To: Field Service Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 10% Positions Supervised: None
This is a position to coordinate Field Service Issues related to Warranty. The candidate will have minimum 7 years field service experience in the electrical power industry and/ or production experience in Transformer Industry.
- Log incoming customer issues through phone call and/or email and determine whether warranty or non-warranty per sales contract-terms and conditions.
- Refer non-warranty issues to Field Service Sales and Service Coordinator.
- Resolve issues via phone and/or e-mail in consultation Technical Manager for the plant, other required departments/functions and leveraging pertinent commercial team members.
- Record issues in CRM and Quality systems and process required documentation for Field Service action including any associated costs and material procurement.
- Detailed work instruction and scope for repair that includes the following:
- PPE requirements per site restrictions-confined space requirements if work scope includes tank entry.
- Work procedure.
- Materials needed to complete task.
- Estimated costs for travel and required equipment and tools.
- Coordinate rental of required equipment: Generator, oil tanker, boom truck and/or small crane.
- Put together the job file and share with Field Service Coordinator to proceed with scheduling the job and the Tech Supervisor.
- Coordinate the completion of Field Service work per scope including any engineering test data required. Review Field Service work report-out from the Tech – to ensure completeness of Field Service work per scope – prior to approving Service Tech to leave the site.
- Document accurately and comprehensively the job-related information including expenses and PO’s and share with Finance to close out the job.
- Ownership for updating/ maintaining the Field Service and Maintenance Log. Share the weekly report for Sales Meeting and the RCDE meetings.
- Prompt customer follow-up from the initiation of customer issue through closure.
- Minimum High School Diploma. Associate’s degree or higher preferred. Additional technical-skills training in Electrical and Electronic technology is preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office. Fluent English spoken and written skills
Send Resumes at Jim_Hungate@vatransformer.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and minorities encouraged to apply