Virginia Transformer Corp.
Field Service Technician
Department: Field Service Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Field Service Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 50-90% (including international)
Positions Supervised: None
Responsible for assuring that all on-site problems or questions regarding customer owned VTC products are addressed and resolved. Responsibilities include: Performance of on-site field services (Installations, inspections, testing, training, maintenance, repair, refurbishing, retrofit, upgrades, etc.): Addressing and resolving customer inquiries and complaints; Documenting service activities; coordinating the initiation, provision, and resolution of customer services by utilizing both commercial and in-house technical resources.
- Become fully familiar with VTC products and services, and the industry standards.
- Become proficient in the operation and maintenance of all equipment and tools necessary for conducting on-site maintenance, testing, and repairs of VTC transformers. Equipment and tools may include: oil-filtration plant, ratio meter, pressure vacuum cart, insulation tester, oil dielectric tester, other specialized equipment, general hand tools and power tools.
- Be prepared to travel to customer sites with as little as four (4) hours’ notice.
- Respond professionally and in a timely fashion to customer communication dealing with commercial or technical inquires or complaints.
- Exceed customer expectations, effectively communicate VTC processes and knowledge of VTC products and services.
- Thoroughly document all correspondence with the customer.
- Thoroughly document all commercial services provided to the customer at VTC’s request.
- Thoroughly document all Field Service Trips performed.
- Write and distribute appropriate trip reports.
- Always execute assigned projects using VTC safety procedures.
- Interface with other VTC departments to assure efficient and timely service performance, and actively promote the advancement of quality and reliability.
- Inspect product quality in-process so as to anticipate field problems and implement corrective actions accordingly.
- Enter Field Service parts orders, coordinate shipments, and confirm deliveries.
- Prepare detailed work instructions.
- Assume compliance with quality standards, and initiate and track implementation of corrective actions.
- Satisfy all work performance and attendance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED.
Relevant vocational education beyond high school such as a tech or trade school is a plus.
- 2 years’ direct transformer experience (or equivalent).
- 2 years Field Service experience (or equivalent).
- Ability to work independently, good math, measurement, and analytical skills.
- Customer interface and delivery of customer service.
- Valid driving license, good driving record, and ability to drive company owned vehicles on service calls as required.
- Valid (or eligible for) Passport.
- Prefer VTC Assembly experience, Previous Field Service Experience, and Technical education/experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Outdoors where employee may be exposed to weather extremes.
Compensation: Dependent upon experience
Work Location: Roanoke, VA
Accountability: Field Service Manager
How to Apply:-Email:- email@example.com
Deadline to apply for this position is 5:00 PM Wednesday 10/4/2017
Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and minorities encouraged to apply