Electrical Engineering (Controls) Technologist
Responsible to prepare electrical designs for transformers oil filled type according with ANSI, IEC, etc., and draft controls schemes with PLC for OLTC and transformer controls.
LOCATION : ROANOKE , VA
- Participation in contract review for control items with marketing for order acceptance
- Preparation of control design in AUTOCADD, bill of material, cooling circuits, CT schematics, GA drawings of Marshall BOX of transformer, etc.
- Preparation of point/point wiring drawings for all gauges, cooling circuit and temperature monitors
- Preparing ordering details for CT, gauges, temperature and cooling monitors of transformers
- Preparing ordering documents related to control items for LTC, temperature monitors & other non-standard control parts
- Checking of Control Design and Bill of Materials
- Reviewing enquiries received from customer through marketing/direct
- Tender stage design of transformer as per Customer specification
- Preparation of Guaranteed Technical Particulars, Cost Sheet, Customer Calculations and Drawings
Requires bachelor’s degree (or equivalent*) in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or related field.
Must possess minimum of 2 years’ experience in position offered or in controls design or controls engineering position. Experience must include power transformer design and manufacturing.
*Company will accept bachelor’s educational equivalency evaluation prepared by a qualified evaluation service or in accordance with 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(h)(iii)(D)
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
How to Apply : Send resume to Shilpa_Nanduri@vatransformer.com