Virginia Transformer Corp
Summary: This position is responsible for the development of mechanical designs for VTC products, utilizing and applying mechanical design principles, research data, appropriate industry standards and proposed product specifications. He/she analyses data to determine feasibility of product proposal and confers with sales, manufacturing, and other engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems. He/she also analyses historical test data/reports to determine if designs will meet functional and performance specifications and prepares design modifications as needed.
The MDE works independently and receives general instructions only on unfamiliar assignments. He/she is expected to complete assignments on own initiative within schedule requirements. Work may be audited or reviewed on completion for general compliance to specifications. The MDE modifies or uses existing drawing and BOM masters to complete design details and concepts. He/she presents designs and concepts and masters as required, and provides input for changes to procedures, computer programs and operating practices. He/she may give technical guidance to lower-level personnel as appropriate.
JOB LOCATION : ROANOKE, VA
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Be familiar with and apply industry standards governing the design and manufacture of various types of transformers and switchgear.
- Produce accurate detailed design drawings and outlines of standard oil and dry type designs.
- Generate Bills of Material (BOM) for all material and accessories needed in a design package, except core and coil conductor.
- Review and check designs produced by other mechanical designers for conformance to customer and industry specifications and standards.
- Generate material purchase requests as required for material that is not stocked or advance-ordered.
- Use appropriate computer programs or write programs as required to analyze data for designs.
- Use CAD system for producing design details, drawings, outlines, or concepts as appropriate.
- Complete design activities in accordance with schedule requirements as assigned by supervisor.
- Investigate shop problems and correct design packages as required.
- Handle special projects as assigned in order to produce needed results such as new detail design concepts or new master drawings.
- Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the April 1991 Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 yrs of relevant experience in Transformer Industry.
Note: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or to change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to: email@example.com
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply