Virginia Transformer Corp
Summary: This position is responsible for quotation solicitation/analysis and purchasing of assigned products in accordance with guidelines determined by the Materials Manager.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Obtain and distribute material specifications for quotes.
- Analyze quotations and make recommendations to supervisor for material changes.
- Negotiate services and material prices etc.
- Prepare purchase orders for order placement.
- Assure vendor performance.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date vendor history file.
- Source new vendors and materials.
- Keep supervisor informed of economic situations to insure cost effectiveness of materials.
- Inform supervisor of material price changes.
- Keep all history cards up-to-date.
- Complete weekly cost reduction sheets.
- Expedite all assigned orders.
- Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the April 1991 Employee Handbook.
Accountability: Reports to Purchasing Manager
- Two to four (2-4) years commercial buying experience in related industry.
- Keen, aggressive communications (particularly in negotiation) and organizational skills.
- Established math proficiency.
- Two to four (2-4) years buying experience in transformer or closely-related industry.
- Vocational or college-level training in purchasing.
Note: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
Location: Pocatello, ID
Salary Range: TBD
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast-paced growing company, please send resume and wage history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply